Fable 2 – Co-op
Peter Molyneux announced two new features for Fable 2 this week at the GDC. This first and most radical is co-op play. At any time you can jump into a friends single player game, play for awhile, and leave, keeping all the items and experience you get. I love co-op play and games, and that pretty much sealed the deal for me, I really want this game now.
The other feature is eh, whatever…a few weeks prior to the release of Fable 2, Lionhead will release a XBLA game. This game will feature all sorts of gambling mini games.All the money you earn in the games can then be transfered over to your character in Fable 2 once it’s released. Apparently the only way you can earn money in the game is to either work for it, or win it by gambling. I mean, I guess that makes sense right, because yeah why do monsters have gold on them or whatever, but just because it’s more realistic does that make it more fun? I have no clue.
I also found a Fable 2 facts sheet on the Xbox press site, which you can view below…
• Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands upon the scope and depth of the Xbox classic by adding incredible new features and creating a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
• A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable,” where you are free to explore the landscape and openly roam the countryside. For the right price every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale. Players can witness how the world grows and changes in response to their decisions in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion as if for the first time.
• Fight with ease. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat weapons such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while very accessible, are also amazingly deep, and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from master swordsman to skilled ranger to evil magic welder, utilizing a single button on the Xbox 360 controller.
• A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players must merely feed their pooch and he will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys all throughout this magical world.
• Experience the world together. For the first time in the “Fable” series, gamers can experience the expansive and immersive world of “Fable 2” with friends, utilizing the new and exciting Dynamic Co-op Mode, bringing the long-awaited multiplayer function to the world of “Fable 2.”
• Xbox LIVE Arcade mini-games earn major cash. Carbonated Games has partnered with Lionhead Studios Ltd. to bring an unparalleled experience to gamers through Xbox LIVE Arcade. Gamers can start earning in-game currency for the “Fable 2” world later this year, before the game’s release to retail, by downloading and completing exclusive mini-games, which will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade and allow gamers to purchase weapons, armor and more for their hero.