Ignition Entertainment announced today that they will be publishing Blue Dragon Plus in North America. The sequel to Blue Dragon for Xbox 360, Blue Dragon Plus is a tactical RPG for the Nintendo DS. Set one year after the events of the original, the game follows Shu and other characters from the original as they try to do something or other, most likely saving the world. It was released on September 4 in Japan, and there doesn’t seem to be a ton of information out there about the game (I haven’t seen any reviews). The North American (and European) release date is set for March 2009.
NIS America sent out a press release this week confirming Disgaea 3 will hit North American PS3’s this August. Disgaea was pretty radical and so was Disgaea 2. I can only assume that Disgaea 3 will be more of the same, which is a good thing. There seem to be a lot of complaints about the graphics, since it’s a PS3 game and all, but I feel like a game doesn’t need to have awesome graphics to be totally awesome.
Santa Ana, CA – NIS America announced today that Disgaea3 is heading for the PlayStation3 Computer Entertainment System this summer. Much loved by hardcore gamers around the world, Disgaea3 makes a bold new step towards the next generation console with a whole new cast, story, and game system.
About Disgaea3 Disgaea3 is a sequel to Disgaea, a hardcore, turn-based, strategy RPG popular on the PlayStation2 and PlayStation Portable. In Disgaea, character units have a limit to their movement and attack ranges, based on level and weapons equipped. There are other special game factors that let you take advantage of the 3D battle map, many of which are unique to Disgaea.
One of the many new feature to Disgaea3 is the addition of a Geo Block, which creates a 3 dimensional battle instead of the traditional 2D. Much of Disgaea3 is yet to be unveiled, but rest assured, plenty is due to arrive in the coming months.
* Geo Block – A cube-shaped terrain-altering object. Players can use it to access and attack enemies where normally they cannot reach.
* Geo Panel – A group of stat-altering elemental properties that are placed upon certain parts of the battlefield. When there are one or more colored panels on the battle grid, it means an element can affect that area. The effect can boost or reduce your unit’s stats.
* Item World – A special randomly-generated battle stage within each and every item you find. By defeating these special battle stages, you are able to strengthen your items.
When I saw this trailer for Opoona I thought there was no way in hell it would ever make it to North America. It just didn’t seem like something that would sell big in the U.S. and I assumed the developers would think the same and not bother to release it here. I was awesomely wrong, Opoona is scheduled for release in North America on March 25, 2008. Actually, I’m pretty positive it won’t sell a ton of copies, but I guess that doesn’t really matter to me as long as I get to play it. The whole press release is below:
Continue reading Opoona, a “Lifestyle Role-Playing Game”, Coming to North America
I was beginning to get worried that Crisis Core wouldn’t be coming to the North America…boy was I totally wrong. The latest Final Fantasy VII spin-off officially has a release date of March 25, 2008. Some other dates of note:
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Nintendo DS) – March 11, 2008
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Nintendo Wii) – February 26, 2008
- The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS)- Spring 2008
Here’s the whole press release:
Continue reading Crisis Core Hitting North America This Spring