Yeah, they’re all coming to PC. AND you can play Resident Evil 5 with crazy Nvidia 3D glasses, to really get into it. Don’t switch the blade on the guy with shades, oh no.
Championship Mode allows players to participate in Street Fighter IV tournaments, and watch replays of tournaments. Both of which seem awesome, but even awesomer is that it’s totally free. The mode will be available April 24 on both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. More details after the link…
Street Fighter IV isn’t out for 12 more days, but that hasn’t stopped Capcom from announcing some DLC for the game. The first expansion pack, Championship Mode, which is free, will add replay mode, a new points system, and enhanced tournament matching. Replay mode seems pretty cool, if Halo 3 taught me anything, it’s that replays should be in every single game, no matter what.
There is also more DLC down the road, with various new outfits available for the characters.
Additionally, they confirmed that Bionic Commando, for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, will be releasing this May with the PC version soon to follow.
Street Fighter IV Collector’s Edition stuff, for North America. I wonder what the “secret additional downloadable content” will be?
1. The game (duh)
2. A limited-edition (ie., not sold anywhere else) figurine – Ryu in the PS3 box, C. Viper hotness in the 360 flavor. Decisions, decisions…
3. Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind: a 65 minute anime movie — created by Studio 4C — that sets up the story of SFIV by explaining events post-SFII. BluRay disc in the PS3 box! The Xbox version is a 360 game disc that outputs the movie at 720P, not a DVD.
4. A mini-strategy guide from Prima, written by the same people doing the full-on guide and illustrated by Udon Comics
5. CD soundtrack. Rock SFIV stage chunez in your car!
6. …Plus some secret additional downloadable content that we’re not quite ready to reveal at this point. Look for more announcements soon!
Europe is getting a pretty cool Street Fighter IV collector’s edition, hopefully we’ll see something similiar here in North America. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are getting the Collector’s Edition. Included in the box is:
- A set of limited edition Ryu and Crimson Viper figurines.
- A bonus disc containing a selection of trailers and a full-length anime movie specifically created for the Street Fighter IV game.
- A mini strategy guide featuring the four new characters.
- Some as yet unannounced downloadable content.
What’s a Street Fighter Club event? Apparently, an “evening of free pizza, sodas, an amazing goodie bag and ten Street Fighter IV arcade machines.” At least that’s what happened in L.A. when they held a similar event earlier this year. It took place in some run-down warehouse in an “ultra-sketchy” neighborhood, so there’s a good chance when it comes to Brooklyn it will be in Red Hook and I won’t have travel far. Honestly, I just want to go for the goodie bag. I hope Liz comes with me, because I’m a) scared of run-down warehouses, and b) scared of people cosplaying Street Fighter characters. And playing Street Fighter IV would be fun, too.
A new trailer for Street Fighter IV has emerged from the AOU 2008 Amusement Expo in Japan. The trailer shows off moves from returning characters Chun-Li, Guile, Dhalsim, E. Honda, Zangief, and Blanka, as well as new characters Viper and Abel. Looks pretty interesting. Chun-Li has some giant thighs.
1up has some first details about the upcoming Street Fight IV. The article explains that, though the game engine uses 3D graphics, the game play will be 2D, which is good I think. I never really got into 3D fighters but I love games like Marvel vs. Capcom. The standard six-button control will remain and characters will have updated moves.
Continue reading Street Fight IV Details