Castle of Shikigami III Coming to Wii
Aksys Games announced today that it would be bringing vertical-shmup Castle of Shikigami III to the Wii next year. Vertical-shmups are always cool, so I’m really looking forward to this one. The Wii needs more stuff like this. “10 memorable characters” in a vertical-shmup should be interesting. The whole press release is after the link…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CASTLE OF SHIKIGAMI III ON THE Wii™ IN THE SPRING OF 2008
Bullet hell comes to the Wii!
Torrance, CA (December 14, 2007) – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, is set to release Castle of Shikigami III, a vertical scrolling shoot’em-up on the Wii in the spring of 2008.
“Caste of Shikigami is known in Japan for its lively characters and challenging difficulty. There’s just something to be said when a game paints the screen with enemy gunfire and rewards you for living life on the edge,” said Michael Manzanares, Project Lead, Aksys Games. “I’ve always been a fan of the Shikigami series, and I’m glad we had the opportunity to bring this latest installment to the States.”
Castle of Shikigami III Features:
• Tension Bonus System! Your proximity to enemy units and gunfire determines your score and firepower!
• 10 memorable characters! Each character has their own specialized weapons and powers, anything from chain lightning to psychic blades!
• 55 possible story combinations! Experience a wide variety of scenarios with fully voiced dialogue!
• 2 Player Co-op Mode! Dodge a never-ending barrage of bullets alone or with a friend!
• Exclusive console-only Dramatic Change Mode! Switch between two characters in the middle of the fight to improve your chances for survival!
Castle of Shikigami III has not yet been rated by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and Castle of Shikigami III can be found at www.aksysgames.com.