Nintendo’s E3 Press Conference Overview
Overall I was extremely disappointed…there really wasn’t anything announced for the Wii and DS that I need to get. Animal Crossing is cool and everything, but it’s not on the same level as a new Mario/Metroid/Zelda/etc. game.
3rd Party Games Wii
– Star Wars The Clone Wars – Use Wiimote like a light saber. Coming sometime in 2008.
– Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party – used balance board as a flying ironing board.
– Call of Duty World at War – use Wiimote like a gun or flamethrower. Lots of things blowing up. “Coming Soon”.
3rd Party Games DS
– Guitar Hero on Tour Decades – On the way this Fall. Share songs between games.
– Spore Creatures – Different then the Spore. Just basically looks like the creature creator, can share creatures with others.
– Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – Coming to DS this winter. Custom game engine, same GTA gameplay.
First party DS
– Pokemon Rangers Shadows of Almia (sp?) – No real details.
First party Wii
– WiiSports Resort – Uses Wii MotionPlus. Packaged with WiiSports Resort, along with extended sleeve. Knows where your arm is in space. Showed throwing a Frisbee, riding a jet ski and sword fighting. Sword fighting looked pretty cool.
– WiiMusic – Some guy playing drums and sweating a lot. Miyamoto playing a WiiMote like a saxophone. Playing at the same time. You don’t play notes, you don’t have to know how to play a real instrument. All you do is hold the WiiMote and move like your actually playing the instrument and the game does the rest. Playing a song from an F-Zero game. Played a variety of instruments. Drums, use Wii Balance Board. Can record a music video. 4 people playing the Mario song together, look stupid.
– Animal Crossing Town Folk – See here
– For the DS, they talked about using it to find your gate at an airport, didn’t say how exactly. DS can earn a spot in your kitchen, in November there is a game coming out that’s basically a cookbook. Didn’t catch the name.
– For the Wii, Wii MotionPlus. Renders movement better.
– WiiSpeak – Microphone for the Wii. See here