The BeatlesTM: Rock BandTM Makes Worldwide Debut Tomorrow
First-of-its-kind Music Video Game Capturing The Beatles’ Extraordinary Music, Career and Legacy Available 9/9/09 in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Other Territories
Guildford, UK – 8th September 2009 – Apple Corps, Ltd., MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today announced The Beatles™: Rock Band™ will be available tomorrow in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories. Released simultaneously with the digitally re-mastered Beatles CD catalogue, the music-based video game will offer players an unprecedented, experiential progression through the music and artistry of The Beatles and be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ console from Nintendo.
From the early touring days in 1963 Liverpool to the immortal, final performance on the Apple Corps rooftop, fans can follow in The Fab Four’s footsteps as they traverse the globe during the height of Beatlemania, unlocking real photos and videos of The Beatles – some never before seen by the public. Beatles fans will also be thrilled to hear previously unreleased authentic voice recordings from John, Paul, George and Ringo chatting between takes during studio sessions recorded at Abbey Road more than four decades ago.
The Beatles: Rock Band allows fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles’ extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band’s legendary career. Additionally, for the first time in a music videogame, The Beatles: Rock Band introduces three-part vocal harmonies to gameplay, allowing gamers to revel in the unparalleled vocal stylings of The Beatles.
The Beatles: Rock Band features 45 songs on-disc representing a cross-section of hits and favorites that span The Beatles’ storied career. Additional music from The Beatles’ epic catalogue will be made available for purchase and download through The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store. Abbey Road will be released on October 20, 2009, followed by the release of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band in November and Rubber Soul in December.
The 45 songs included in The Beatles: Rock Band and the venues in which they are featured in are:
Cavern Club (1963):
• Twist And Shout
• Do You Want To Know A Secret
• I Saw Her Standing There Ed Sullivan Theater (1964):
• I Want To Hold Your Hand
• Can’t Buy Me Love
• A Hard Day’s Night
• I Wanna Be Your Man
Shea Stadium (1965):
• Ticket to Tide
• I’m Looking Through You
• Eight Days A Week
• If I Needed Someone
• I Feel Fine Budokan (1966):
• Day Tripper
• And Your Bird Can Sing
• Drive My Car
• Paperback Writer
Abbey Road (1966-1967):
• Yellow Submarine
• Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band / With A Little Help From My Friends
• Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
• Getting Better
• Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
• Good Morning Good Morning Abbey Road (1967-1968):
• I Am The Walrus
• Hello Goodbye
• Hey Bulldog
• Back In The U.S.S.R.
• Dear Prudence
• While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Abbey Road (1968-1969):
• Helter Skelter
• Octopus’s Garden
• Come Together
• Here Comes The Sun Rooftop Concert (1969):
• Dig a Pony
• I’ve Got A Feeling
• Don’t Let Me Down
• I Me Mine
• I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
• Get Back
As previously announced, “All You Need Is Love” will be released tomorrow, September 9, 2009, exclusively through Xbox LIVE for a limited time as a downloadable track for The Beatles: Rock Band. All Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games, Harmonix and Microsoft proceeds will benefit Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a new set of hardware replicas representing the instruments made famous by John, Paul, George and Ringo. Featured in the set are the Rickenbacker 325 and Gretsch Duo Jet guitars—hailed as two of the celebrated, signature instruments played by John Lennon and George Harrison throughout their careers. Also available is a Höfner bass controller—a large-scale replica of the bass famously used by Sir Paul McCartney. Rounding out the set is a Ringo Starr inspired Ludwig-branded Rock Band 2 drum set with a classic pearl finish and vintage replica Beatles kick drum head.
Pricing for The Beatles: Rock Band is as follows:
• Limited Edition Premium Bundle for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $249.99, continental Europe MSRP €199.00, UK MSRP £179.00
• Includes: The Beatles: Rock Band software, Höfner Bass controller: Large scale replica of the Bass famously used by Sir Paul McCartney, Beatles-inspired and Ludwig-branded Rock Band 2 drums with classic pearl finish and vintage replica Beatles kick drum head, Microphone, Microphone Stand, additional special content
• Rickenbacker 325 Standalone Guitar for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $99.99, continental Europe MSRP €99.99, UK MSRP £89.99
• Gretsch Duo Jet Standalone Guitar for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $99.99, continental Europe MSRP €99.99, UK MSRP £89.99
• The Beatles: Rock Band Software for Xbox 360/PS3: US MSRP $59.99, continental Europe MSRP €69.99, UK MSRP £49.99
• The Beatles: Rock Band Software for Wii: US MSRP $59.99, continental Europe MSRP €49.99, UK MSRP £39.99
The game will also be compatible with all Rock Band™ instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third party music video game peripherals and microphones.
The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Harrisongs Ltd and Startling Music Ltd has presented The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band is published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) is serving as distribution partner for the game. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, provided his expertise and served as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.
The Beatles: Rock Band is rated “T” for Teen with the descriptors “Mild Lyrics” and “Tobacco Reference” by the ESRB.